Sunday, January 10, 2010

School.. And Now a Public Service Message

The break has been thoroughly enjoyed. But now we must return to school. The joyful part, at least for me, is that summer comes after this semester, meaning a long SUNNY break. Although, I have been dreading returning to school, I have come to terms with it and realized that this is basically my last 'CLASS' semester. This is my last semester before student teaching which means they're trying to teach me how to teach children, before I'm actually teaching them. Hmmm.. did that make sense? Oh, well. Just read it a couple of times and maybe it will make sense then. (I will soon be teaching your children and yet I can't make my blog make sense. HA! I probably could if I tried, but isn't it enough that I'm blogging? Must I make sense?)
I digress.

I need to tell EVERYONE! If you have not looked at the blogs on the side of the page, look NOW. You know, the section that says 'blogs that I love'. Specifically, our best bites. I promise you that it will become your best bites ever! This thing is full of easy and delicious recipes. Seriously, you can't screw these things up. I shall recommend a few. I tried 2 this weekend and Zac and I could not get enough.

First, Spicy Honey Chicken. MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm...... Need I say more?

Second, Italian Burgers. Only make these with the Marinara Sauce. It says you can prepare it with regular hamburger stuff, but trust me... Maaariiinaaara. (True I have not tried it with regular hamburger stuff, but I can just tell.) OH! And you will look forever for Italian Turkey Sausage. I suggest calling stores before going. Only ONE store had it in ALL of Cache Valley. There were probably 4 that carried it, but everyone was out. I finally found it at the last store, where they only had ONE package left.

Anyways, so click on the blog, then browse whatever they have most recently posted, (the dessert wantons were delish too), THEN go to the top and select recipes. Then it allows you to browse by categories. The Spicy Honey Chicken is under 'Poultry'. Does it seem stupid that I have to say that? Maybe it is stupid, but I am not a chef, and I looked for the first couple seconds for a category named 'Chicken'. HA! Yes, laugh at me. And then, all of you who know you would have made the same silly mistake, thank me in your hearts for saving you from your own embarrassment. :) And of course, the Italian Burgers are under 'Beef". Yes, yes; I got that one right the first time.
I expect comments on this telling me how great those recipes are! YUM!

3 comments:

Matthew said...

alright .... the birthday thing is so totally not a big deal at all cuz i rarely remember my families birthdays let alone any of my friends... so im the worst ever when it comes to that ... and im so sorry to hear about nixon but glad he is on the mend now again ... lizzy got hurt on christmas break so i have a little bit of an idea of how you felt in some small degree but love you tons looks like all is well with you ... keep in touch my friend

Matthew said...

oh and this is michelle just under matthews name for some weird reason

Manda Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.